Flexible Board FPC
Flexible circuit board (FPC), is composed of CU (Copper foil) (E.D.) and PI (Kapton, Polyimide) (polyimide film), which has advantages of space-saving, lightweight, and good flexibility. Generally, PI is used as the base material. This PCB can be bent and flexed at will, which is used for the connection of small parts that need to be repeatedly flexed.
1. Mobile Phone: Light weight and thin thickness make it a good choice for saving the product volume, and it can easily connect the battery, microphone, and buttons.
2. Computer and LCD screen: The integrated circuit configuration of flexible circuit board and thin thickness is able to convert digital signals into images and display them through LCD screen;
3. CD Walkman: The three-dimension assembly characteristics and thin thickness of flexible circuit board can turn the huge CD into a small product for carrying;
4. Disk drive: No matter hard disk or floppy disk, it relies on the high flexibility of FPC and 0.1mm ultra-thin thickness to complete fast data reading for PC or NOTEBOOK;
5. HDD (hard disk drive): The components of HDD (hard disk drive) mounting circuit and packaging board.
An obvious advantage of flexible PCB is that it can be more convenient to route and connect in 3D space, and can also be curled or folded up for use. As long as it is curled within the allowable radius of curvature, it can withstand thousands to tens of thousands of times of use without damage.
2. Small Volume
In the assembly and connection of components, the conductor section of the flexible PCB is thin and flat compared with the wire cable, which reduces the wire size and can be formed along the shell, making the structure of the equipment more compact and reasonable, and reducing the assembly volume. Compared with rigid PCB, the space can be saved by 60~90%.
3. Light Weight
In the same volume, the weight of PCB flexible board can be reduced by about 70% compared with that of wire and cable under the same current capacity, and by about 90% compared with that of rigid PCB.
4. Consistency of assembly
The PCB soft board is used for installation and connection to eliminate the error in wiring with wires and cables. As long as the processing drawings are checked and passed, all the winding circuits produced in the future are the same. Misconnection will not occur when installing the connecting wire.
When the PCB soft board is used for connection, because it can be wired on the X, Y and Z planes, the transfer interconnection is reduced, the reliability of the whole system is increased, and the inspection of faults is convenient.
6. Controllability of Electrical Parameter Design
According to the use requirements, the designer can control the capacitance, inductance, characteristic impedance, delay and attenuation when designing the flexible PCB. It can be designed to have the characteristics of transmission line. Because these parameters are related to wire width, thickness, spacing, insulation thickness, dielectric constant, loss tangent, etc., it is difficult to do this when using wire and cable.
7. The end can be soldered as a whole
Like the rigid PCB, the flexible PCB has terminal pads, which can eliminate the stripping and tinning of the wires, thereby saving costs. The terminal pads are connected to components, devices, and plugs, and dip soldering or wave soldering can be used to replace the manual soldering of each wire.
8. Optional Material
Flexible PCB can be manufactured with different substrate materials according to different usage requirements. For example, mylar can be used in assembly applications where low cost is required. In demanding applications where excellent performance is required, polyimide films can be used.
9. Low Cost
1) Due to the consistency of various parameters of the wires of the PCB soft board; the overall termination is implemented, which eliminates the mistakes and rework that often occur when the cable wires are connected, and the replacement of the PCB soft board is more convenient.
2) The application of PCB soft board simplifies the structural design, it can be directly adhered to the component, reducing the clip and its fixing parts.
3) For wires that need to be shielded, the price of soft PCB is lower.
10. Continuity of Processing
Since flexible foil-clad boards can be continuously supplied in rolls, continuous production of PCB flexible boards can be realized. This also helps to reduce costs.
1. Long-term reliability management
Development from general automotive PCBs to heavy-duty PCBs.
2. Rich experience in the manufacturing technology of multi-layer PCBs
Full-range industrial control equipment and communication PCBs
3. Full range products, small-medium-large batches, short delivery time
・Small, medium and big QTY (1PC~2000㎡/Lot)
・Multiple varieties (3000~5000 product names/month)
4. Short lead times (for small batches)
5. Surface treatment: OSP, lead-free HASL (Sn-Ag-Cu, Sn-Ni-Cu), immersion gold, electro-gold, immersion tin
PCB Delivery Date:
Copper clad plate cutting → Drilling → Copper plating → Outer layer graphic production → Resistance welding → Text → Surface treatment → Appearance processing → Electrical inspection → Appearance inspection → Packaging → Shipping.